I have checked the official site for the city of Munich but I think there are more that the highlights they propose, so in the following list I have included suggestions from other sites like Tripadvisor and Best-of-Munich and of course, tips from my local friends!:-)
For the classic and modern art lovers: there are the following options:
For geeks and science fans:
For the Indiana Joneses or history lovers:
- The Residence (Residenz),
- the Paleontological Museum (Paläontologischen Museum München),
- the Geological Museum (Das Geologische Museum),
- the Archeology Museum (Archäologische Museum),
- the Munich City Museum (Münchner Stadtmuseum),
- Jewish Museum (Judisches Museum München) and
- the Bavarian National Museum (Bayerisches Nationalmuseum)
For the nature and outdoor activities lovers:
- The Botanic Garden (Botanischer Garten),
- the Museum of Man and Nature (Museum Mensch und Natur),
- the Museum of Hunting and Fishing (Deutsches Jagd- und Fischereimuseum) and
- the Alpine Museum (Alpines Museum).
- the Potato Museum (Kartoffelmuseum),
- theToy Museum (Spielzeugmuseum) and
- the Valentin Karlstadt Museum.
This is a very long must-see list, so I guess I should start planning when and which ones I am going to visit first. Which one do you recommend me to start with?
Munich: going to the movies in English
German adopting English words
Books, books, books...
Is there a life beyond the intermediate level?
Learning German in Munich